How to make a secure online purchase for Black Friday and Cyber Monday in 2020
Even for the savviest, the sea of the Internet can be overwhelming, especially when it comes to shopping online. The options are numerous, there are specialized sites for all tastes, and even so there are still many people who are afraid of buying online. Wines do not escape this avalanche of offers and purchases that take place on dates like Black Friday or Cyber Monday.
With Christmas just around the corner, we have to face a situation worldwide that is totally unknown and new for all the members of the planet Earth. The pandemic occurred in this year 2020, has prevented us from developing a normal lifestyle; the daily activities that we were used to, have been completely disrupted, as there are restrictions and measures to prevent spreading the virus.
In that particular, we have seen how in recent months, online commerce has tripled in its sales, according to various surveys and statistics carried out by specialized companies and media. Buying online offers the security and comfort of acquiring new things while you’re in the comfort that your home provides, and the best of all is that in these times, if you shop online, you won’t have to worry of being exposed in public spaces more time than expected.
Ready to face any issue, from the online wine store finding.wine; We have prepared this article for our readers, to help them make a successful purchase, without inconveniences, directly from their home, trying to catch any discounts on the imminent Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Do not be afraid of buying online, with the adequate security measures, is more likely to be a victim of fraud in a face-to-face purchase than in an online one.
Making purchases online may cause doubts, especially for people that are buying from a different country. However, consider all the benefits that shopping online have.
Main advantages of shopping online
- Sometimes you can find lower prices than you can find in stores.
- Greater variety and stock of products.
- You can investigate and evaluate different options, even on different websites without moving from one place to another.
- There are purchase reviews and product opinions that can help you make a better decision.
- Better attention and service: chats, hotlines and responses from distributors.
- Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Lose the fear of making purchases online, the web is not a place for viruses and carders, as you may have heard on the news. If you don’t rush things and know how to proceed in the right way, your purchases will be totally safe.
Technical aspects for the purchase
- If it’s the first time you make a purchase, you must have: a device with an Internet connection, an Email (better if you use one that is not associated with your work or other things relevant to you, because in a short time you may have your mailbox saturated with advertising), an international credit card or a prepaid card, an international address (or PO Box for correspondence) in case you live outside the country where you are going to make the purchase.
- In addition to paying by credit card, which is the most common, consider using payment through intermediaries such as: PayPal, Amazon Payments, 2CheckOut, Neteller, among others. PayPal it’s usually be pretty safe.
- If you buy online and you are outside the US, in order to buy in US online stores you will need to hire the services of a package delivery agency (“Courier”) to obtain an International Address or PO Box (for correspondence) where the package can reach. These types of agencies have an address in the United States and receive the packages and then send them to the destination country.
The address provided by this agency is the one you must use as the Shipping Address / physical address for filling shipping information at the time of the purchase.
Verify security and reliability of the online store
- Check the website of the online store where you will make the purchase and verify that they are safe to buy online.
- Currently, for online payments, there is a protocol called SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is used, which guarantees that our information travels over the Internet in an encrypted way.
- To determine if a page is safe to carry out the purchase, you must verify that clicking on the buy / pay button should take you to a new page which URL begins with (HTTPS: //…) the letter 'S' is important part, since it indicates that the site is safe.
- Another important point is that you must navigate from a secure connection, never do a payment if you’re connected to a public WiFi. If you are going to submit your payment information or credit card info, do it from a closed network or one you share with trusted people.
- Know the policies of the website / store where you’re buying, their guarantees, support and return policies. If you think the website is shady and don’t have references, look for them on the internet, you will surely find opinions about them, either positive or negative.
- Online purchases are not always dispatched in a single shipment, so be careful, if you use a courier, ask if they can put your packages together in a single one. Otherwise, you will pay for each shipment independently and that may be more expensive, or at least consider the cost that every product implies individually.
- Try to avoid local shipping costs. Most of the time you are already paying for international shipping via courier, so try to avoid the charge for local shipping in the United States.
Some stores offer discounts when buying a minimum amount, you can find different offers including or not shipping, take a little time to find your best option.
As a summary of this article, we remind you how useful, practical and easy it is to make purchases online, especially in times such as today’s; However, we must always be careful on where we are spending our money. Make sure to only buy in trustable shops.
In the case of wine purchases for this Christmas, you should take advantage of all the discounts and offers that will surely be presented for the days of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, in the one and only finding.wine wine store; We offer all the conditions of security, reliability, and personalized attention that every demanding wine customer is looking for, for this reason we recommend you from now on to check the promotions that will be offered for the Christmas season, so you can stock up your wine collection with the best wines and gourmet products, which we are sure, will fully meet your expectations. Cheers everyone!
- Fabianni Posteraro